Peppermint. Dark chocolate. White chocolate. Those flavors together just scream winter and holidays and good times. It’s hard to believe that I went so many years without tasting this delightful combination, but ever since I did, I’ve been hooked. Love it.
In the past few years, I’ve made a delicious (and easy!) Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark, created some simply irresistible Deconstructed Peppermint Bark Cookies and a decadent Chocolate Peppermint Pie. There was also a chocolate peppermint roulade, which I must have never blogged about. In any case, I wanted one more to my chocolate peppermint list: Peppermint Bark Coated Pretzels.
Oh, these are divine. They take all the goodness of regular peppermint bark and wrap it around a small, salty pretzel. A little crunch, a little sweet, a little salt … oh what a combination.
Make up a batch of these babies and give ‘em away this week. Or, maybe just eat them yourself. They are amazing.
Peppermint Bark Coated Pretzels Recipe
- 9 oz dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Once it's fully melted and smooth, stir in the peppermint extract. Then drop a few pretzels in at a time, using a skewer or fork to flip and then fish out. Set the chocolate covered pretzels on a sheet of waxed paper to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Drizzle over the pretzels and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint. Let harden completely and then package for giving ... or just devour them yourself.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: Celebrate, Gifting Goodies, Great Gifts, Recipes