Peppermint. Dark chocolate. White chocolate. Those flavors together just scream winter and holidays and good times. It’s hard to believe that I went so many years without tasting this delightful combination, but ever since I did, I’ve been hooked. Love it.
In the past few years, I’ve made a delicious (and easy!) Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark, created some simply irresistible Deconstructed Peppermint Bark Cookies and a decadent Chocolate Peppermint Pie. There was also a chocolate peppermint roulade, which I must have never blogged about. In any case, I wanted one more to my chocolate peppermint list: Peppermint Bark Coated Pretzels.
Oh, these are divine. They take all the goodness of regular peppermint bark and wrap it around a small, salty pretzel. A little crunch, a little sweet, a little salt … oh what a combination.
Make up a batch of these babies and give ‘em away this week. Or, maybe just eat them yourself. They are amazing.
Peppermint Bark Coated Pretzels Recipe
- 9 oz dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Once it's fully melted and smooth, stir in the peppermint extract. Then drop a few pretzels in at a time, using a skewer or fork to flip and then fish out. Set the chocolate covered pretzels on a sheet of waxed paper to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Drizzle over the pretzels and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint. Let harden completely and then package for giving ... or just devour them yourself.
Â© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: Celebrate, Gifting Goodies, Great Gifts, Recipes
Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.