Paige’s gleeful giggles have a pure melodic quality to them. When they fill the kitchen, it echos across the house — a sweet sound that never fails to make me smile. Hers are quickly joined by Will’s uncontrollable laughter. His laughter is loud and unwieldy and so, so happy. It’s joy, unleashed.
We are so lucky. So incredibly lucky. But it’s more than that. We are blessed — and it’s something I remember every single day. I try never to let myself head down the rabbit hole of what-if, but it’s practically unavoidable. So instead, I have taken to reminding myself to be thankful every time the thought crosses my mind of what could have been.
Even when it gets really noisy in here.
This afternoon, as the kids played a loud and raucous made up game, their giggles and laughter spread through the four walls of our home. They share an incredible bond, and come up with so many imaginative pursuits.
They’d already dug into this homemade pizza, enjoying the mix of garlic, cheese, tomatoes and sauce.
Making Cheese and Tomato Pizza with Garlic Bread Crust
I love me some good stringy, melted cheese. Don’t you?
This pizza starts with an easy and flavorful garlic bread crust. Roasted garlic, melted butter and salt are brushed all over the dough and then baked in. Then, the crust is spread with tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh tomatoes and baked to perfection. The resulting cheese pizza is a turned-up classic that’s perfect for movie night or a fab game day snack (like the Super Bowl on Sunday!). And since it can be whipped up in just 20 minutes, it’s a fabulous last minute homemade pizza too.
For the roasted garlic in this, I buy already roasted garlic at Whole Foods or a local purveyor, Stew Leonard’s. It makes infusing dishes like this with the caramelized goodness of roasted garlic a cinch.
What Super Bowl recipes will you be serving up this weekend? Any special game day plans?
- 1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Dough (classic)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic, mashed
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the pizza dough and stretch into a rectangle on a nonstick baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, mashed roasted garlic and salt. Brush all over the pizza crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce all over the pizza and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with tomatoes. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden at the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 12 pieces with a pizza cutter. Enjoy.
Pizza sauce can be substituted for tomato sauce.
Disclosure: I am being compensated by Pillsbury for the creation of this recipe using Pillsbury Pizza Crust. All opinions are my own.