I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
Love toffee? These Pecan Toffee Wedding Cookies are a buttery, nutty Christmas cookie that’s perfect for holiday baking fun.
For most of my childhood and teen years, my family spent Thanksgivings poolside at a condo in Florida. That tradition, which included Thanksgiving dinners in restaurants and some fabulous holiday shopping at a mall I loved, was so special — and a few years ago, we did it again for the first time in years. Part and parcel with those memories are little wedding cookies that my grandmother loved. Every year, when we’d arrive, we’d buy some at the grocery store and eat them while playing games or as a little treat after lunch. Whenever I taste them, I am taken right back to that cozy condo by the sea.
Oddly enough, I didn’t know what they were called or that they could be made at home. To me, they were a special treat found only in that little red package in Fort Lauderdale. As a result, I only ate them in Florida for years and years and years — Until one December day when I bit into a Christmas cookie that my cousin had made and it took me right back.
Best of all, I learned that these cookies of my happy childhood memories are really easy to make too.
When Walmart and Land O’Lakes asked me to create a fun holiday baking recipe, I decided to do a spin on the wedding cookies that I love so much. These Pecan Toffee Wedding Cookies are a toffee-laced version of the classic that begin with a mixture of Land O’Lakes Unsalted Butter and sugar. And of course, there are pecans, flour, vanilla and a egg too …
Quick, easy and simple, these cookies take about 30 minutes to whip up. Then you roll them all in confectioners sugar (gently! These babies are a little fragile when they come out of the oven!) and then cool before digging in.
- ½ cup Land O’Lakes Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar using the paddle attachment. Add the vanilla, pecans, toffee pieces and flour to the stand mixer and mix on the lowest speed until well combined. Add the egg and mix thoroughly until the dough comes together.
- Using a medium-side cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheet leaving about 1-inch between them. Don’t worry, they don’t spread much.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden around the outsides.
- Remove from the oven and immediately begin transferring the cookies one at a time to a bowl with confectioners sugar. (Note: the cookies are fragile at this point, so you want to touch them as gingerly as you can.) Gently coat with confectioners sugar and transfer to a cooling tray. (Hint: set it over a second baking sheet to catch the excess sugar.) Continue until all the cookies have been coated. Sprinkle any additional sugar over the cookies and let cool completely before enjoying.
Psst! There’s also a special contest going on from Land O’Lakes and Walmart. (Please note that this giveaway isn’t hosted by this site.) Here’s the details:
You have a chance to win a $250 gift card from Walmart. To enter you need to do the following:
- Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest, user: LandoLakesKtchn
- Enter your email in the form (below) and click “Enter”
- Pin the image to any of your Pinterest Boards
- Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites (the CB socially board!)
1 Winner will be selected at random and you can only enter once! Contest runs 11/25/13-1/14/14