Classic grilled cheese sandwiches get turned up a notch in these quick and easy Grilled Mozzarella and Pepper Salami Sandwiches. In just 10 minutes, you could be enjoying one of these satisfying sammies!
Comfort food has been on my mind a lot lately. I think it’s the approach of fall that has me thinking about warm, homey foods. It’s been pretty chilly here in Maine for the last week, so the idea of gooey pasta dishes and warm soups just seems right. Also right? Warm grilled cheese sandwiches. Aren’t they the best? I had one last week at a local bakery with piles of smoked ham surrounded by sharp cheddar cheese — it was awesome.
That sandwich inspired me to get into the kitchen and start playing with grilled cheese. Because this comfort food? It’s absolutely perfect for fall. And it’s even better when it’s made more special with the addition of flavorful fillings. And all that brings me to …
Oscar Meyer recently introduced a line called Old World Style that includes pepperoni and salami products in convenient ready-to-buy packaging. Available in the refrigerated meats section of retail stores, Classic Salami, Cracked Black Pepper Salami, Classic Pepperoni and Turkey Pepperoni are a great addition to sandwiches and other delicious meals. And guess what? I tried them … and I am in love — especially with the Oscar Meyer Old World Style Cracked Black Pepper Salami — YUM!
That’s why I tucked a few pieces into this recipe for Grilled Mozzarella and Pepper Salami Sandwiches. The peppery salami adds a nice contrast to the creamy mozzarella cheese and slightly sweet honey wheat bread. The best part is that these sandwiches — which are perfect for a quick lunch and could even be cut into slices and sent to school in a thermos — take only about 10 minutes to whip up. Quick and easy comfort food with a twist? Yes, please!
- 8 slices whole grain honey wheat bread
- Salted butter
- 12 slices thin-cut deli mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices Oscar Meyer Old World Style Cracked Black Pepper Salami
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each of the slices of whole grain honey wheat bread. On the non-buttered side of four slices, layer two slices of mozzarella cheese, two slices of salami and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with the remaining four slices of bread, butter side facing out.
- Grill the sandwich for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden. Slice in half and enjoy immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.