Tender Cinnamon Roll Spiced Cupcakes will remind you of your favorite morning treat. This recipe was created for my client, International Delight, but all opinions are my own.
The sky was just beginning to brighten on a recent weekend early morning when I opened my backdoor to retrieve the newspaper. The crisp air bristled my skin, cutting through the thin fleece of my pajama pants and raising hairs on my arms. It’s a scene that could play any morning of the week — but on that morning, a voice startled me. No sooner did I stood to pick up the paper then a soft “hello,” cut through the air.
I gasped and jumped back, before noticing my sweet neighbor standing on her adjoining porch. She was on the phone, calling her roommate to let her in. I croaked a hello before leaping back into my kitchen and locking the door — my pulse racing. Learning to live with neighbors so close-by comes with an adjustment period … and we’re still in it.
Related: my neighbors now know that I wear Minnie Mouse PJs … so there’s that too.
Change happens. You move, you make new choices, you head down a new path, seasons change. Heck, seasons are changing right now. All around, there are signs of autumn. The brilliant greens of summer are giving way to the orange, yellows, rusts and browns of fall. Soon, the kids will don their Halloween costumes and head out for an evening of trick or treating.
Sometimes I just want it all to slow down. Life moves so fast. But maybe it’s not so much about slowing things down, but savoring the moments — avoiding those down-the-rabbit-hole times and instead taking advantage of a free morning to take a nature walk or explore your city.
Maybe it’s about celebrating little moments with special treat too. Because whether you are having an impromptu Halloween celebration or celebrating awesome grades, sweets make it even better.
Enter Cinnamon Roll Spiced Cupcakes. These tender, soft cupcakes are gently flavored and iced. They’ll remind you of cinnamon rolls — without all the calories.
Think of it as indulgence on a small scale.
These cupcakes are spiced with the flavor of cinnamon rolls thanks to the addition of International Delight Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Creamer in the batter. They bake up light and fluffy with a subtle but clear flavor of your favorite cinnamon rolls. Then, they are iced with a sweet, simple icing made from (more!) International Delight Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Creamer and confectioners sugar. And then it’s finished off with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Bake up a batch to celebrate your special moments.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup International Delight Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Creamer
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1½-2 tbsp International Delight Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Creamer
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 8 cups in a cupcake/muffin baking tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Add the egg, creamer and oil and stir until just combined. Divide the batter evenly among the 8 cupcake cups.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out cleanly.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, combine the confectioners sugar and the creamer in a bowl. Add the creamer a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the cupcakes.
- If desired, dust with ground cinnamon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.