- 1 1/2 cups finely ground cocoa puffs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8- oz packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan (glass preferred) with parchment paper, letting the edges of the paper rise up the sides of the pan.
- Prepare the crust. Stir together the ground cocoa puffs and butter until well combined. Press into the bottom of the 9x13 pan, creating an even coating all over.
- Combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract and beat on medium for 10 seconds.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust, spreading to even it out.
- Slide the pan into the oven (the rack should be in the middle of the oven) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until set. The bars are done when a knife inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.