- Eggplant – Roasted Beets, Leeks and Eggplant
- Potatoes – “Baked” Potatoes on the Grill; German Potato Salad
- Butternut Squash – Butternut Squash Soup
- Corn – Balsamic Tomato, Corn and Cucumber Panzanella
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch disks
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add Brussels sprouts. Salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, until the sprouts are softened and most are browned. Remove from heat, pour sprouts into a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil and add minced garlic. Cook, stirring and tossing for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and softened -- don't let it brown, or the garlic will become bitter. Immediately remove from heat and spoon garlic into a small bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk together until emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Taste and add more salt and pepper as necessary to achieve desired seasoning.
- Serve hot, warm or cold ... they're delicious no matter what the temperature is.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.