- 2 apples, cored, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats, not instant
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Toss until well-combined.
- Add the apples to a glass pie dish. Spread out into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, flour and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small pan until melted. Remove from heat and stir into the oats mixture until well combined.
- Sprinkle the oats mixture over the apples.
- Slide the pie dish into the oven and cook for 45 minutes, until golden on top and bubbling at the sides. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.