- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 3- inch long section of French bread, halved
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and toss to combine. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until softened and slightly browned. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook for about 2 minutes longer, until it's all melted. Salt, to taste.
- Arrange the two halves of French bread on a plate. Pour the leeks over. Devour.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.