- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, preferably fresh
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated fresh zucchini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set 3 mini-loaf pans on a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the canola oil, organic sugar and light brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Stir the zucchini and vanilla extract into the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Divide the batter evenly among the three mini-loaf pans. Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Cover tightly and then eat within 3-5 days.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.