- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for greasing the pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp nonfat milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the inside of a fluted bundt pan with butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar and butter, mixing on medium-low for 3 minutes. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and mix well on medium-low.
- With the mixer running on its slowest setting, add the dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and tap gently to even out.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, whisk together the icing ingredients. Place the bundt cake (removed from the pan) on a wire rack set on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with icing. Let dry for about 30 minutes before serving.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.