- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, ribs discarded and leaves minced
- 1 cup Jasmine rice, prepared
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat a large skillet (or a wok) over medium heat on the stove. Add the bacon and cook until browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic and the kale to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the kale is wilted. Add the rice and toss well to combine. Add the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Push the rice mixture to one side of the skillet and add the eggs. Cook, without disturbing, for 2-3 minutes, until mostly firm. Break apart with your spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until no longer liquidy. Stir together with the rice mixture. Scrape the bottom of the pan well.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bacon. Drizzle with soy sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.