Today is a very special day.
See, the lovely Rachel from Rachel Cooks is expecting her second child. Her little man is scheduled to make his debut in December. With her due date nearing, it’s time to celebrate with a surprise virtual baby shower. Surprise, Rachel! And congratulations.
As many of you know, I have two kids myself. They are the best of friends. Will, 7, and Paige, 5, wake up every morning and play together. They create elaborate games of the imagination, and have a blast. And almost every night, Will reads to Paige before bedtime. They help each other out (though sometimes that backfires a little … like when they “put away” laundry by stuffing it wherever they think I won’t find it). And whether it’s on the bus or at home, they are always looking out for each other. Of course they have their moments, but most of the time they are best buds. It’s amazing.
Rachel, having two is simply magical. You’re going to love it.
This adorable invitation was designed by Susan from Farmgirl Gourmet.
So, what am I bringing to the virtual party? Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites — a fun and easy appetizer that’s a perfect little bite. Not only are these just right for a baby shower (virtual or otherwise), but they are a fantastic quick and easy appetizer for Thanksgiving too. Totally stress-free to prepare.
These little bites literally take no more than five or 10 minutes to make with three simple ingredients. Seriously super easy. You cut an apple into chunks. Wrap each piece into prosciutto. Skewer it with a piece of asiago. Done. It’s a flavorful little bite — salty, sweet and sharp all at once.
Enjoy — and congrats again, Rachel!
Be sure to drop by all the bloggers who are celebrating Rachel today. Everyone has cooked up something special:
- Jamie from Thrifty Veggie Mama – Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Pesto Crostini
- Kathryn from London Bakes – Mini Onion and Feta Pizzas
- Kita from Pass the Sushi – Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Cream
- Krista from Budget Gourmet Mom – Baby Blue Cheese Burgers
- Mackenzie from Susie Freaking Homemaker – Cucumber Sandwiches
- Marnely from Cooking with Books – Curried Salmon Phyllo Cups
- Shelby from Diabetic Foodie – Cranberry Citrus Meatballs
- Susan from 30A Eats – Southern Cheese Straws
- Sheila from Eat2Gather – Chicken Salad
- Amanda from Fake Ginger – Snickerdoodle Scones
- Barbara from Creative-Culinary – White Chocolate ‘Quilted’ Cupcakes
- Brandi from Bran Appetit – Bourbon Toffee Popcorn
- Brandy from Nutmeg Nanny – S’mores Popcorn
- Carrian from Oh Sweet Basil – Mini Blackberry Pies
- Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama – Caramel Popcorn Pretzel Bars
- Cassie from Bake Your Day – Caramel Cashew Popcorn Bars
- Deborah from Taste and Tell – Blue Layered Jello
- Donna from Cookistry – Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake
- Erin from The Spiffy Cookie – Sweet Potato Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers
- Heather from Farmgirl Gourmet – Dark Chocolate Cashew Brittle Cookies
- Jennifer from Mother Thyme – Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Jessie from Bread & Butter – Primal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl – Chewy Molasses Cookie Bars
- Milisa from Miss in the Kitchen – White Chocolate Biscoff Muddy Buddies
- Tara from Chip Chip Hooray – Itty Bitty Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Sommer from A Spicy Perspective – Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites
- 1 sweet crisp apple
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 oz rosemary olive oil asiago cheese
- Cut the apple into 24 chunks. Wrap each one in half a slice of prosciutto and thread onto a toothpick. Add a 1/4-ounce chunk of asiago.
- Chill until ready to serve (don't make more than 30 minutes in advance though).
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.