- 20 slices French baguette, 1/4-inch thick
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 oz smoked salmon, cut into 20 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the slices of French baguette on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until hardened but not browned. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, use the tongs of a fork to mash the egg to small pieces. Stir in the mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper until well combined. (Hint: add the salt a little at a time and taste as you go.)
- Finally, assemble the crostini. Place a piece of salmon on each of the baguette slices. Top with tarragon egg salad, divided evenly among them. Enjoy!
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.