I created this Slow Cooker Enchiladas Tacos recipe for my client Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Somewhere in the realm of social media yesterday, I read something someone posted about how people need to stop whining about how busy they are and get over it. Well, I’m not sorry that I share the bit of overwhelm that I stomach at the start of the new school year because the fact is that I really am busy. Our calendar really is overflowing. And I’m guessing that many of you feel the same way.
That’s what makes sharing quick and easy recipes so important to me. I know we’re all really busy — and if I can help get dinner on the table a little easier? Well, that’s pretty darn cool. It makes me happy to think that you might spy this recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Tacos and toss it in the slow cooker on Monday morning.
In any case, my slow cooker is about to become my BFF — seriously. The idea of tossing simple ingredients in when I have time in the morning (likely between school bus 1 and school bus 2) is like honey to this busy bee (like what I did there?). And that’s when recipes like these super simple enchiladas tacos will be so incredibly handy.
And what makes them absolutely perfect for back to school (or whenever you are too busy to think) is that they take minutes to finish up and get on the table once that chicken has cooked to perfection in the slow cooker all day — and my kids adore tacos. Okay, so do I, but that’s beside the point.
Does your family love tacos too?
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Tacos
Twist up your taco traditions with this enchiladas-inspired dish. (Note: this recipe was sponsored by Old El Paso, but all opinions, flavors and ideas are my own)
- 1 1/4 lb boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, , to taste
- 1 10- oz can Old El Paso Mild Enchiladas Sauce
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Shells, , 12 count
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives, , drained
- Old El Paso salsa, , as desired
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry. Season well all over with salt and pepper. Add to the bowl of a slow cooker. Pour the can of enchiladas sauce over. Cook on low heat for 8-9 hours, until tender. Shred the chicken with a fork and stir well to combine with the sauce.
- Heat the taco shells according to package directions.
- Divide the chicken evenly among the taco shells. Top with cheddar cheese and black olives and serve with salsa. Enjoy!
- Love avocado? Diced avocado is great in these tacos.
- For a zestier taco, use Hot Enchiladas Sauce.
Friday 6th of September 2013
We were having dinner last night with some of my mom's friends and talking about tacos. Only one of us grew up in California and the rest of us were talking about how outside CA you couldn't buy tortillas at the store, so tacos were always these hard shelled variety. And how now that we're here, none of us use the hard shells! These bring me right back to my childhood.
Paula - bell'alimento
Friday 6th of September 2013
So looking forward to breaking out the slow cooker!