This Honey Glazed Chicken Wings recipe is a perfect dish for making and serving on game day. Don’t forget the carrot sticks and celery to accompany it!
Between you and I, I am super excited for fall TV. I’m no couch potato, but I do love to lose myself in good, engaging, escapism shows at night. See, in summertime, I rarely watch television.
We’re too busy enjoying the beach and outdoor fun (which means I do a lot of my work at night).
But there’s something to be said about new shows — ones that are unpredictable and that draw you in. That makes fall TV exciting. Not only are there new episodes of my favorite shows (Revenge! Parenthood!), but there are some fresh shows that have me totally intrigued (Sleepy Hollow! Hostages!).
And there’s football too. Seriously, I love football. There’s something about watching a really competitive game that is just plain exciting. Also, I especially love making a feast of delicious game day foods like these Honey Glazed Chicken Wings to eat while games.
These wings are pretty easy to make — just bake, glaze and bake a little more. The result is a tender, sticky, sweet, unforgettable chicken wing that kids and adults will love.
Now, who wants one?
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated into wings and drumsticks – wing tips discarded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray two 9x13-inch glass baking pans with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- Arrange in a single layer in the baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the honey, apple cider and butter. Once the wings have completed their initial cooking, brush liberally with the honey mixture. Return to the oven, basting once or twice, and cook for 20-25 minutes more until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Serve immediately.