- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (plus additional for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for flouring the pan
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan with butter, and dust with flour all over.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy -- about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well to combine.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add a little at a time to the mixer while the mixer is running on its lowest speed. Add the lemon zest and raspberries and mix briefly until combined.
- Add the milk. Allow the stand mixer to run on its lowest speed until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the cake comes out cleanly. Let cool, and then loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Turnout onto a serving plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well-combined. Drizzle over the cake all over.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.