Looking for a simple, delicious appetizer? Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives with Feta are quick and easy — but your guests don’t need to know that!
When you are throwing a party, you want your menu to be unforgettably good — but not so complicated that you stress out the whole time. That’s where having quick and easy recipes for simple appetizers comes into play. Ones that can be prepared ahead of time are especially good since you can whip them up and just pull them out when it’s time to serve them — totally eliminating the hands-on time come party day.
Totally a good deal, right?
These Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives with Feta take only 10 minutes to make with simple, fresh ingredients. These are the ultimate in last-minute dishes. You can whip up these marinated olives an hour before the party and let them chill — or better yet, make them the day before. The longer they sit, the deeper the flavors.
Now a hint: go to your local grocery’s olive bar and choose a variety of pitted olives. Make sure they aren’t the already marinated ones though … just the brined olives waiting to be enjoyed. And trust me, you will enjoy these.
A mix of olives is marinated in a little olive oil and lemon juice with herbs, lemon zest and a hint of garlic. Make sure you cut the feta yourself from a block for these — the flavor is so much better when it’s not pre-crumbled.
Then you just chill them until it’s time to serve (another hint: give this simple appetizer about 10 minutes at room temperature before serving).
These marinated olives are perfect for celebrating a very special blogger who is expecting her second child — and who happens to have a thing for lemons.
When I heard about the Virtual Baby Shower for Liz of The Lemon Bowl, I was so happy to join in the fun. She’s expecting her second child (it’s a boy!) and a group of bloggers is celebrating with a fun online shindig in her honor. Are you familiar with Liz’s blog? If not, The Lemon Bowl is a healthy food blog where all the recipe are delicious, seasonal — and healthy too (what a great combination!).
I met Liz earlier this year at Food Blog Forum, but have known her in the online world for longer than that. She’s very inspiring — especially since she successfully shed (and kept off) some serious weight — something I have been trying to do for years.
Best wishes, Liz, for a happy, healthy and easy delivery! Congratulations!!
Now, it wouldn’t be a baby shower without unsolicited advice, right? Well, Liz … my best advice is to enjoy every minute (as I am sure you already do!). I have two kids close in age and they are the best of friends. It’s so amazing to watch them grow and develop their own unique personalities. And that’s my other tidbit: you will be so awed to see how different two little people can be. That’s just the nature of things, I guess.
Hope you enjoy the virtual baby shower today, and click around to see all the great posts celebrating Liz today.
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
Good luck keeping your little appetizer pick out of the bowl of these marinated olives.
- 2 cups mixed olives, from the olive bar, pitted recommended
- 1/3 cup diced feta cheese, from block
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp garlic granules
- zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olives and feta.
- Sprinkle with the dill, parsley, garlic granules and lemon zest, and stir again. Then drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For a deeper flavor, make one day in advance.