- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients for the base in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarse crumbs form. Pour into an ungreased glass 9x9-inch pan and press into a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The edges should be slightly golden when you remove it from the oven.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, light brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on medium until smooth. Add the pecans and beat briefly to combine.
- Pour the topping over the pre-baked base of the bars. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the topping is set in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.