Looking for the perfect Christmas cookies for all your holiday gatherings and giftings? These Peppermint Truffle Cookie Bars are heavenly. This recipe was created for Pillsbury. All opinions are my own.
Hang on a second … I’m drooling. Sorry, I just can’t resist this chewy, silky, amazing cookie. It’s just so good.
These are my new favorite Christmas cookies — it totally upstages all the ones that have come before because of the mix of flavors and textures made in an easy to enjoy bar form. A peppermint sugar cookie base topped with a layer of creamy, rich chocolate truffle topping. It’s pure heaven.
These bars start with Pillsbury’s Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough, which is absolutely incredible. It’s the perfect balance of cool peppermint and buttery cookie. That cookie layer bakes into a crisp but chewy layer. Then you spread an oh-so-easy-to-make layer of chocolate truffle on top.
Be sure to chill the bars for at least a few hours before enjoying — the truffle layer hardens into a silky treat the longer it chills. Amazing.
Have you started thinking of what Christmas cookies you will be making this holiday season? If so, you will want to add these delicious beauties to your list. Trust me.
- 1 roll Pillsbury Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, , chopped into small pieces
- 4 oz 60% cacao chocolate, , chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing it to extend up the sides.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the parchment-lined 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 27-30 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream to boiling. Place the chocolate pieces into a medium bowl and pour the heavy cream over. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to soften. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cookies and chill in the fridge until set. Lift the parchment paper out of the baking dish and set on a cutting board. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Disclosure: I was compensated for creating this recipe but all opinions are my own. For more great holiday baking ideas, check out the Serious Eats Pillsbury site.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.