With school in session, easy dinners are the name of the game — and it doesn’t get any easier than slow cooker recipes for soup, stew and chili.
When I was apartment hunting in Maine back in June, there were a few things I was looking for. First, I wanted a two-story rental where the landlord took care of heating costs. After all, this is Maine (read: OMG, it’s going to be cold) and I want to be warm this winter. Plus, I’ve found that for us, two stories alleviates a lot of stress. It just feels like more space. The rental had to be in the right part of the right district for the right schools, and also convenient to shopping, grocery stores, etc. And one more thing … I was also looking for a place with a decent sized kitchen with good lighting — because I’m me.
Fortunately, I managed to find a place that worked for the kids and I. The kitchen is large enough for my kitchen table, island, photo table and storage unit. That means there’s plenty of space for me to cook and develop recipes — and take photos too. But moreover, there is plenty of room for cooking the food we eat daily.
And this September (I am so tempted to call it fall, but we really aren’t there yet), that means a lot of meal planning. From sassy slow cooker chicken recipes to casseroles that I can reheat when we get home, working outside the house has quickly taught me how important it is to plan and prepare ahead of time. The danger if I don’t? A lot of takeout. Each weekend, I go through the freezer and decide on our meals for the week. One day is always devoted to eating out, and the rest are at-home meals. I mix it up between make-ahead meals, slow cooker recipes and quick and easy recipes.
And since fall is fast approaching (though you wouldn’t know it with the warm weather we’ve been having the last few days), I am thinking about easy slow cooker recipes for soup, stew and chili … because there’s nothing quite like a comforting bowl of something on a chilly day, right?
30 Slow Cooker Recipes for Soup, Stew and Chili
- Turkey and White Bean Crock Pot Chili by Sister’s Saving Cents
- Irish Stew from My Untitled Life
- Vegetable Pasta and Bean Soup by Flour on My Face
- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup by Second Chance to Dream
- Pizza Soup by 3 Boys and a Dog
- Cheddar Soup by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Cauliflower Soup by Real The Kitchen and Beyond
- Stuffed Pepper Soup by Women Living Well
- Crushed Tomato and Chicken Soup by Crystal and Comp.
- French Onion Soup by A Thrifty Table
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Stew by Captain Fussybuckets
- Crockpot Chili by More From Mom
- 7 Can Soup by Military Saving
- Beef and Vegetable Soup by Flour on my Face
- Chicken and Noodles by Crystal and Comp.
- Taco Soup by 7 On a Shoestring
- Vegetarian Chili from See Mom Click
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili by See Mom Click
- French Lentil and Brown Rice Soup by The Holistic Mama
- Weight Watchers Crock Pot Vegetable Soup by Just 2 Sisters
- Loaded Bake Potato Soup by Just 2 Sisters
- Potato Leek Soup by Real the Kitchen and Beyond
- Southwestern Pinto Bean Soup by Cooking Mimi
- Corn Chowder with Bacon by Frugal Family Home
- Venison Stew by Ann’s Entitled Life
- Chunky Crockpot Chili by Mission to Save
- Ham Bean and Potato Soup by Real the Kitchen and Beyond
- Organic Vegetable Broth by The Holistic Mama
- Chicken Enchilada Soup by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Potato Soup by More From Mom
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.