Tender, lightly sweetened muffins are dotted with tart raspberries and sweet white chocolate in this Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins recipe. This post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes, but all opinions are my own.
Hello, my name is Sarah and I am raising two muffin addicts. There, I said it. When we go to the grocery store, they inevitably ask for muffins. Whenever they spy the muffin tin, they inquire when I will bake some. And while I don’t always say yes, I do love surprising them with homemade muffins whenever I have the opportunity. When you can make your kids’ eyes light up with a mere 30 minutes of cooking, why wouldn’t you?
And these muffins? They love, love, love them because of the combination of flavors. This is a recipe I have been making for years — with inevitable success because they are so good. Sweet white chocolate and tart raspberries combine in this lightly sweetened, tender muffin with a buttery, sugared top.
They are easy enough to whip up on a lazy weekend morning.
Warm muffins are extra special — and for me there is nothing better than warm muffins spread with a little butter. I love the combination of airy muffins and cool butter. Better yet, LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil is perfect for this since it’s always so spreadable — and can go from fridge to spreading in seconds. I also love it because it is made with just three ingredients (sweet cream, canola oil and salt) — which is kind of rare these days.
So, why not whip up a batch of this muffin recipe? And then pull out the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil and spread some on … just add the yums.
$100 VISA® Gift Card Sweepstakes
One Sarah’s Cucina Bella reader has a chance to win a $100 VISA® gift card (YAY!). All you have to do is answer the question below in the comments section to enter. Come on, you know you want to…
What’s your favorite thing to bake in the mornings?
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 9/5 -10/4/2014.
Be sure to visit the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries , rinsed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Beat in skim milk and 1/2 cup butter until well combined. Stir in flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt until just moistened. Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 22-26 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let muffins cool until they can be touched.
- Once cooled, arrange the melted butter and remaining sugar in two bowls. Dip each muffin first into butter and then into sugar. Enjoy!
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.