Ready for a celebration? Don’t forget the drinks — like this perfect-for-everyone mocktail recipe, the Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer. It’s easy and fun, but doesn’t compromise on taste.
This post is sponsored by DASANI via Acorn Influence, but all opinions are my own.
Hi, my name is Sarah and I am mom to two kids who love fancy drinks whenever they can get them. Shirley Temples? Yes, please! Swirly tropical-inspired creations? We’ll take it! Sparkling mocktails? Affirmative!
My kids know that festive drinks aren’t just for adults (though some are, indeed, adults-only), and they are more than happy to sample, taste and enjoy whatever mocktail combinations they can get their little hands on. With New Year’s Eve quickly approaching, now’s a good time to think about what drinks you want to serve. Kids in particular can have something special to sip on with simple, delicious ideas like this Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer recipe.
What’s a Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer?
For this Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer recipe, you start with fresh raspberries and lime, which is muddled lightly in a glass — if you want. Muddling crushes the fruit, lightly in this case, so that it releases its juices. But the fruit will still add some flavor — and lots of fun — if you just add it without any crushing. Next, you add pomegranate juice and then DASANI Sparkling Water in the Berry flavor. Finally, finish it with a little ice and it’s ready to enjoy.
Bubbly, fruity and a little tart, this drink is so easy to make. This is a great drink to serve at smaller gatherings.
But, if you’re hosting more people, something a little more flexible like a DIY Spritzer Tray, might be more practical.
Tips for Creating a DIY Spritzer Tray
Having a party? Let your guests create their own spritzer creations with a DIY spritzer tray. Here’s how:
- Start with the juice. Bold juices are a great place to start for spritzer trays. Skip the lighter juices like apple and instead opt for bigger flavors like cranberry, pomegranate and blueberry juice. Fruit nectars — like mango, papaya and asian pear — can be good too.
- Fruit, fruit, fruit! Include a selection of fruit perfect for dropping in, and even muddling. Some ideas: Lemon slices, lime slices, raspberries, sliced strawberries, clementine segments, pineapple chunks.
- Get Sparkly. Sparkling water takes your juice and fruit creations to spritzer-land. Choose one favorite to offer, or a selection of flavored sparkling waters. With zero calories and no artificial colors, DASANI Sparkling Water is a perfect way to add bubbly flavor to drinks for everyone because it’s caffeine-free and unsweetened. Available at Walmart and other retailers, this sparkling water come in Lime, Berry, Lemon and Black Cherry flavors.
- Don’t forget the ice. Keeping spritzers chilled is essential, so be sure to put out some ice. For extra fun, use fun-shaped ice trays.
Be sure to also check out the Easy Party Drink Recipes Pinterest board for more great recipe ideas.
- 12-16 fresh raspberries
- 1/2 lime, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Dasani Sparkling Water, Berry flavor
- Divide the raspberries and lime among four glasses. If desired, lightly muddle to release juices.
- Pour in pomegranate juice, dividing it evenly among the glasses, and stir. Top with Dasani Sparkling Water, again dividing it evenly among the glasses.
- Add ice. Serve.