This easy recipe for Blueberry Cake with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting makes a fragrant, flavorful dessert cake perfect for everyday celebrations.
Learning a new skill. Mastering a song. Getting an A. Doing something kind for others. Being a good friend. Making the honor roll. Winning a race. Hitting a goal. There are so many reasons to celebrate all the time.
And why shouldn’t we celebrate?
In a world where things feel really hard all the time, taking a moment for joy is a good and necessary thing. It’s balm for the soul.
I am all for everyday celebrations. And I am all for everyday celebrations that involve cake. Because why not?
This Blueberry Cake with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting is so easy to make and so delightful to eat. It’s perfect for whenever.
Just whisk together the easy batter, pour it into the prepared pan and bake it. Once it’s cooled, spread the easy vanilla frosting on top and it’s ready to be devoured. In celebration, of course.
Then dig in. This Blueberry Cake with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting is waiting for you to enjoy.
A few notes on this blueberry cake recipe:
- The cake has a light, tender crumb.
- Yes, the frosting really has no milk in it. That’s not a mistake. The technique described in the recipe results in a fluffy, buttery, perfectly sweetened frosting.
- Always wait until the cake is fully cool to frost it. Otherwise, the frosting will melt.
- Looking for another easy recipe? Try my one-bowl cupcakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the egg, milk and oil to the bowl. Whisk vigorously for two minutes, until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, prepare the frosting.
- First, place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat, with the whisk attachment, until light and fluffy. Then add the sugar and vanilla. Beat again to incorporate.
- Frost the cooled cake and enjoy.