Tonight I was dying for some dessert, but I didn’t want to pack the kids up and take them out for it. In fact, I just wanted something easy, fast and chocolately. This freeform pie totally fit the bill.
The flaky crust holds a soft, sweet chocolate and walnut filling that crumbles ever-so-slightly when you take forkfuls. It’s fabulous. Eat it warm with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Or let it cool to room temperature and eat a slice with your hands. Either way, it totally satisfies the craving.
And as for this post? I figured I would keep it short and sweet too … Until tomorrow!
- 1 pie crust, rolled to a 12" circle
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the pie crust on the parchment and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pulse until the mixture has an even texture.
- Pour the walnut-chocolate mixture onto the center of the pie crust and spread out into one layer, leaving about an inch of untouched crust at the edge. Fold the outer bit of crust over the filling, crimping as you go.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool for five minutes before serving.