This recipe for Easy Veggie Scampi is a fabulous lunch to enjoy with friends, and was created for my client Campbell’s. All opinions are my own.
Okay, I know we are all in full-holiday mode here … but can we talk about lunch for a minute? While I love the idea of doing lunch ala Carrie Bradshaw with my best girls, it seldom happens. Even with both kids in school full-time, somehow there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done — and there’s certainly not enough time for lunching.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t have an amazing lunch at home. In fact, with easy and relatively hands-off recipes like this, lunching at home becomes pretty darn doable.
It’s a good thing.
Easy Veggie Scampi with Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti? It’s a quick and easy recipe that is relatively hands-off. And it’s so tasty that you will love every veggie-filled bite.
Filled with rich mushrooms, warm tomatoes and tender artichoke hearts, this scampi mixed with whole wheat thin spaghetti pasta is anything but typical. It’s hearty and warm — a happy vegetarian dish that you will love eating. The ready-to-go sauce (it’s Campbell’s Skillet Sauce) in Scampi brings the whole dish together. And if you wanted to share it with your besties? Well that works too — it’s like doing the whole lunching thing at home. And totally just as fun.
Want to dig in?
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-oz whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 9 oz. box frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and quartered
- 1 pouch Campbell’s Scampi Skillet Sauce
- ½ lb whole wheat thin spaghetti, prepared
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a cover. Add the mushrooms and onions and sprinkle with salt. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onions should soften and the mushrooms release some of their water.
- Uncover, and stir in the tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Campbell’s Scampi Skillet Sauce. Bring to a boil and then add the cooked thin spaghetti. Toss well.
- Serve immediately. This is especially great with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
This post brought to you by Campbell’s Dinner Sauces. Weekend-worthy dinners with only weekday-level effort needed! Learn more at http://www.campbellsauces.com/.