- 6 to matillos, husks removed and washed
- 3 plum tomatoes, washed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced (about 2-3 tbsp)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Quarter the tomatillos, tomatoes and shallow and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, lime juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.