- Peppers – Make Your Own Couscous
- Tomatoes – Heirloom Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Red Cabbage – Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- Eggplant – Eggplant Parmesan
- Cucumbers – Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Green Beans – Balsamic Roasted Green Beans
- 2 summer squash, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- Spread out a large sheet of aluminum foil. Then, pour the squash mixture into the center of the foil. Spread to about 2-inches from each edge. Top with a second large sheet of foil. Then, seal the edges all around.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and heat it over a high flame for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to medium and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the grill and carefully open it. The steam escaping will be super hot.
- Sprinkle with an additional bit of salt just before serving.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.