Some nights, the idea of actually cooking is enough to drive you mad. When that happens you can reach for the takeout menu or do something about it. If you choose the latter, having a dish like this in your cache is a must.
A little tangy. A certain richness. Meaty tuna. This pasta has a little bit of everything — and it’s fast enough for just about any night.
What are you cooking these days?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 leeks, , halved, cut into 2" pieces and rinsed
- 8 oz mushrooms, , sliced and rinsed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper, , to taste
- 1 5- oz. can yellowfin tuna packed in olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lb gemelli pasta, (or shape of your choice), prepared
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the leeks and mushrooms. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the leeks are softened.
- Add the white wine. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the tuna (with the oil) drizzle with lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5-10 minutes, until reduced.ft
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.