- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast, (1 packet)
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed. Set it to the white bread setting for a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
- About 1/2 way through the kneading, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. If the dough is sticking to the sides, add an additional tablespoon or so of flour.
- Then, let the machine do the rest of the work.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.