- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, , softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the unsalted butter, egg, sugar and molasses until well combined. The mixture should look a little like mousse.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. I like to use a whisk for this -- so easy.
- Change the stand mixer's blade to your paddle attachment. Turn it on to its lowest speed and add the flour mixture a little at a time, until its fully combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out cookies and place them on the prepared baking sheet leaving about 2-inches between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.