- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 overripe banana, mashed well
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, frozen can be substituted
- Heat a large skillet over just below medium heat on the stove. While it's heating up, prepare the batter.
- Start by cracking the egg into the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix well on medium-high speed until it's frothy and light yellow in color.
- Add the flour, sugar, oil, baking powder, salt and banana to the mixer and beat until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Drop the batter by the ladleful onto the heated skillet. Cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy with fresh maple syrup. The real stuff.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.