- seeds from 1 squash, such as spaghetti squash or butternut squash
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Five Spice Seasoning
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Thoroughly wash the seeds, removing any pulp. Then dry on paper towel. Toss seeds with olive oil and seasonings. Spread out on the foil.
- Roast the seeds in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours, until lightly golden, stirring every 15 minutes.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.