- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup yellow sungold tomatoes, grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle with halved tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper – seriously, the asparagus need to be seasoned well before roasting to really bring out the flavors.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Serve hot from the oven.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.