Sometimes, you just feel like a little cake. Especially chocolate cake. (Am I right or am I right?!?) And that’s when mug cakes come in so handy. They are fast, easy and tasty — and they totally take care of the cake craving.
To make a mug cake, you stir together a few ingredients in a mug until it’s nice and smooth. Then you pop it in the microwave for a minute or so. Wait for it to sit for a short couple minutes and you have something incredible.
What’s better is that with a little tweaking of the ingredients, you can add nuanced flavors that make the mug cake really special. That’s exactly what I did with this mug cake. I took my favorite mug cake recipe and traded the normal milk added for International Delight York® Peppermint Pattie Creamer, giving it an amazing peppermint flavor. And then I stirred in some white chocolate chips, which created a fudgy double chocolate bottom to the cake.
It’s super easy. It’s delicious. And it’s ready in under five minutes … does it get any better?
Also, International Delight — the sponsor of this post — wants to know “What’s Your Id?” Head over to that link to see the huge variety of flavors available from International Delight. Seriously — the selection is impressive.
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup International Delight York® Peppermint Pattie Creamer
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a small mug, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until uniformly combined. Add the creamer and oil. Stir well (whisking with a fork or a small whisk is best, but a spoon is okay too -- just be sure that you really get those dry ingredients well mixed with the wet ones). Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Microwave for one minute. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.