Sometimes, you just feel like a little cake. Especially chocolate cake. (Am I right or am I right?!?) And that’s when mug cakes come in so handy. They are fast, easy and tasty — and they totally take care of the cake craving.
To make a mug cake, you stir together a few ingredients in a mug until it’s nice and smooth. Then you pop it in the microwave for a minute or so. Wait for it to sit for a short couple minutes and you have something incredible.
What’s better is that with a little tweaking of the ingredients, you can add nuanced flavors that make the mug cake really special. That’s exactly what I did with this mug cake. I took my favorite mug cake recipe and traded the normal milk added for International Delight York® Peppermint Pattie Creamer, giving it an amazing peppermint flavor. And then I stirred in some white chocolate chips, which created a fudgy double chocolate bottom to the cake.
It’s super easy. It’s delicious. And it’s ready in under five minutes … does it get any better?
Also, International Delight — the sponsor of this post — wants to know “What’s Your Id?” Head over to that link to see the huge variety of flavors available from International Delight. Seriously — the selection is impressive.
Quick Double Chocolate Peppermint Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup International Delight York® Peppermint Pattie Creamer
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a small mug, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until uniformly combined. Add the creamer and oil. Stir well (whisking with a fork or a small whisk is best, but a spoon is okay too -- just be sure that you really get those dry ingredients well mixed with the wet ones). Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Microwave for one minute. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
What’s Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.