- 2 cups small Betty Crocker Fresh Potatoes red potatoes, rinsed (1-inch diameter potatoes, or larger ones cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Bibb lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup sungold tomatoes, or any small sweet variety, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Vinaigrette, to taste
- Preheat the grill to its medium setting or prepare charcoals for grilling.
- On a sheet of heavy duty foil, combine the potatoes, olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Fold the edges up to form a foil packet, and seal well.
- Place on the grill (indirect heat) and cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the grill, and let sit for a few minutes before cutting open. Be careful opening the packet as it will be extremely hot.
- Prepare the salads by dividing the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, blue cheese and potatoes evenly among four plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette, as desired.
- For a simple vinaigrette alternative, drizzle salads with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. - Be very careful opening the foil packet – the steam will be very hot. - Can't find Betty Crocker Fresh Potatoes? Any small red potatoes or red potatoes cut into a 1-inch dice can be used.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.