- 1 bunch daikon radishes, 3 daikons, scrubbed and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the daikon, carrots, red peppers, shallot and olive oil on a nonstick baking sheet. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring once or twice until tender.
- Drizzle the veggies with balsamic vinegar and return to the oven. Roast for an additional 5 minutes. Toss well and then transfer to a serving bowl.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.