Making these wraps is simple — just layer the ingredients in a tortilla. I like the cheese, ham, honey mustard, chicken order. But you can do it however you like. Then wrap them up. The great thing about these wraps is that you can make them in advance.You could totally whip up a batch of these the night before for lunch boxes the next day. I wouldn’t make them more than a day or two in advance though. If you are eating at home, these are great served with warm chicken inside. But they are also really fab served cold — which, again, makes them perfectly lunch box ready. Now … if I can just get lunch box packing ready we will be all set … are your kids back in school yet? Psst! Need some lunch box inspiration? These posts will help:
- Tips for Easier Lunch Box Packing
- 10 Tips for Easy, Fun Bento Style Lunches
- Lunch Box Find: Heluva Good! Greek Style Yogurt Dips
- Lunch Box Safety: How to Pack Safer Lunches for Your Kids
- Barbecue Chicken and Veggie Rice Bowls for Lunchboxes
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2-4 slices deli Swiss cheese, recommended: Jarlsberg
- 2-4 slices deli ham
- Honey mustard
- 2 cooked breaded chicken fingers, hot or cold
- Lay out the tortillas and top with cheese and ham.
- Spread honey mustard down the center and top with the breaded chicken. Roll up, tucking the ends in, and secure each side with toothpicks. Slice in half.
- These can be served hot or cold.
These can be served hot or chilled.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.