These vibrant little burgers? They take only 20 minutes to whip up. Score! Actually, they are Caprese Sliders, which is a fancy way of saying they aren’t as large as typical burgers and come with a built-in caprese salad. Turns out, this size works much better for our family — the smaller burgers are just right for the kids and I, and my husband is more satisfied too since he can have a second burger without it being a food overload. And the creamy fresh mozzarella, juicy sweet tomatoes and fresh basil? They make these burgers sublime … Quick and easy recipes are where it’s at this back to school season.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slider rolls
- 6 1/4- inch thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 1/4- inch thick fresh tomato slices
- 12 basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze, optional
- Preheat your grill over its medium setting or prepare charcoals for grilling.
- Season the ground sirloin with salt and pepper. Divide into six equal portions and form into 4-inch diameter patties. For best results, press your thumb into the center of each patty. Grill to desired doneness, flipping once – about 7-10 minutes total.
- Place the patties each on a slider roll and top with a slice of fresh mozzarella, tomato and two basil leaves. If desired, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.