- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pita wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet. Add the garlic and anchovy fillets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring once, for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with pita wedges.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.