Robust blue cheese and meaty steak party in the center of these delicious eggy Breakfast Steak and Blue Cheese Tacos, a recipe created for my client Bisquick.
My kids are huge fans of all things silly (aren’t most kids?). That typically translates to raucous games of chasing the kids around the house (my husband and dogs love this because it makes the kids scream with glee. Alright … so maybe the opposite of love). But it also applies to funny songs, riddles at the dinner table and giggles heard throughout the house.
That’s why I know they will love it when I tell them that January 31 is the Official Backwards Day. It’s the day of silly to end all silly.
When Bisquick asked me to create some fun recipes perfect for a Backwards Day Brinner Bash to celebrate, I was super excited. Last week, I shred my recipe for Cinnamon Pancakes with Warm Buttery Apple Topping — which is a perfect breakfast for dinner option.
But look, breakfast for dinner shouldn’t just be silly — it should be epic too. It should be big and memorable so that no one leaves the table wanting. And most importantly, brinner should be delicious. No boring eggs here, people. All this is to say that the pancakes are a good start but you need more from your breakfast for dinner. Trust me.
This week, we’re going eggy (or getting eggy with it, if you prefer). This recipe is a perfect example of how you can make a favorite breakfast dish even heartier. Say hello to Breakfast Steak and Blue Cheese Tacos. The “taco shell” is actually eggs with a little Bisquick mixed in. It makes a shell that’s somewhere between omelet and pancake — and the perfect savory vessel for rich sliced steak and robust blue cheese.
There’s something about the combination of eggs, steak and cheese. Swoon. Every meaty, sharp, rich bite is pure heaven on a fork. This is a recipe you want to try. Trust me.
And, of course, you can always use the eggy exterior with a variety of fillings — don’t feel limited to the one I mentioned.
For more tips and fun Backwards Day Brinner Bash ideas, head over to Bisquick for more breakfast as dinner recipes and Backwards Day ideas! And follow Bisquick on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Also, check out these delicious brinner recipes from other delicious bloggers:
- Slow Cooker Cheese Pesto and Spinach Egg Casserole from Girl Versus Dough
- Blue Cornmeal Crepe Enchiladas from Doughmesstic
- 2 thin-cut sirloin strip steaks, about 1/2 lb total
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, pealed and sliced
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Once the pan is hot, grill the steaks for 1-2 minutes per side, to desired doneness. Remove from the stove and let sit for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Bisquick and a few pinches of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat an omelet pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the egg mixture and cook until the top is set. Sprinkle with 1 oz of blue cheese and 1/4 of the steak slices on half of the omelet. Using a spatula, gently fold the other half of the omelet over the filling. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the blue cheese is nice and melty.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate and repeat the cooking steps until all of the egg mixture and filling has been used. Arrange 1/2 of an avocado, sliced, onto each plate with the omelet. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Bisquick for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.