- 4 Irish bangers, about 10 oz. total
- 1/2 lb Jones Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- Fry the Irish bangers according to package directions until browned all over. Remove from the heat and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, brown the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Add the onions to the bacon fat and cook until golden, stirring frequently – about 8-10 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for one minute.
- Drain the bacon grease from the Dutch oven, and then stir in the chicken broth. Add the pieces of Irish bangers and the bacon to the mixture and stir well. Cover, and cook on medium for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.