- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Sea salt or fleur de sel, to taste
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso salsa
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the avocado in a small mixing bowl and drizzle with lime juice. Sprinkle with sea salt. Use the tongs of a fork to mash the avocado to desired chunkiness. It’s best when it’s creamy with small chunks.
- Divide the avocado mixture evenly between two parfait dishes or other glass bowls. Top each with half of the salsa and half of the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.