- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large leeks, , white and light green parts chopped, soaked
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, , peeled and cubed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, , to taste
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, , browned and crumbled
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the leeks and saute, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Add the potatoes to the pot, stir well. Pour in the chicken stock and cover. Cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the lid from the Dutch oven and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and hot sauce. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Stir in the bacon and serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.