This is an easy to put together DIY female pirate costume that uses some staple wardrobe pieces. This isn’t just for Halloween (or Talk Like a Pirate Day) though. You’ll be able to wear most of the costume again throughout the year since it incorporates an LBD, boots and a belt you may already own.
Looking for more costume ideas? See my tutorial for an easy DIY Fairy Costume.
- 1 black dress with puffy sleeves (such as the empire waisted one from NY & Company that I am wearing here)
- 1 black corset belt
- 1 pair knee-high black boots
- Pirate hat
- Fake sword (uh, yes, it needs to be a fake)
- pirate flask
- eye patch
- hoop earrings/earring
Hair and Make-Up:
- Messy, wild hair is needed for this female pirate costume. I dried mine with a diffuser and sprayed it with David Babaii for Wildaid Bohemian Beach Spray.
- Dark eye make-up, such as black eyeliner lining both upper and lower lids. Black mascara.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.