Forget the oven. I mean it. Instead, grab your favorite skillet, some good chicken and a few ingredients to whip up one of these delicious chicken skillet recipes — perfect for dinner tonight.
There are some phrases that come out of my mouth a lot these days. “Get in the car — quick!” is one. “Hurry!” is another. It’s a by-product of a busy, but productive life. We try to squeeze as much time as we can out of the crevices of our days, and that means we’re often hustling to make it to whatever’s next — the school bus pick up, the school program, the meeting. While it’d be nicer not to always be rushing, this isn’t all bad. Especially when we’re hustling because we lingered over breakfast or wanted to play one quick game together.
It’s not exactly the family life I imagined, but it’s great all the same. Even if it can be a little hectic at times.
With this busy life comes a need to make some bits of it more streamlined. That’s why I pack lunches at the same time in the morning, in near-identical makeups. It’s also why I arrange for soccer practices for both kids to be at the same time on the same day. And when it comes to dinners, I am all for easy dinners — ones that leave fewer items to wash, but still have big flavor. And chicken skillet recipes are perfect for that. Often one pan recipes, flavors are built layer by layer, creating delicious, different, unique dinners that are so satisfying.
Which will you try first?
Chicken Skillet Recipes with Rice
- Easy Garlicky Chicken and Green Bean Skillet | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- 30 Minute Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet | Flavor the Moments
- Pineapple Chicken | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Spicy Chinese Cashew Chicken | Flavor Mosaic
- Jalapeno Mango Chicken Skillet | Running to the Kitchen
- Spicy Italian Style Jambalaya | Frugal Foodie Mama
Chicken Skillet Recipes with Pasta
- Easy Pinot Noir Chicken with Mushrooms | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Quick Chicken Parmesan | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- One Pan Stuffed Chicken Marsala | The Adventure Bite
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza Skillet | Melanie Makes
- Chicken Caprese Gnocchi Skillet | Sweet Peas and Saffron
- 30 Minute Chicken Tortellini Skillet | A Cedar Spoon
More Chicken Skillet Recipes
- Chicken Piccata with Fried Capers | Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 10 Minute Salsa Chicken | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Skillet Chicken and Dumplings | The Lean Green Bean
- One Skillet Chicken and Olives with White Wine Sauce | A Treats Affair
- Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner | Cooking on the Front Burner
- Skillet Pizza Chicken | Manu’s Menu
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.