Salad gets wild with this Steak and Potato Salad recipe with Blender Hollandaise Sauce. It’s a delightful way to enjoy veggies in a decadent way.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SuperCrispyMealHero #CollectiveBias
It’s time to rethink salad.
No, seriously, I mean it.
The days of salad being relegated to sad plates of prechopped lettuce and days old carrots are gone. And although a good caesar salad can be a delight, so can a nice, meaty, potato-filled one.
Salad can be bold. It can be filling. It can even satisfy the steak and potatoes crowd … no, really. Especially when it’s Steak and Potato Salad with Blender Hollandaise Sauce.
Served on a bed of greens with tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers and radishes, this vibrant salad will be topped with grilled steak, potato puffs and a drizzle of hollandaise. It’s bold and magnificent. And though it has several components to it, it is pretty easy to make.
This is a salad built for a meal. It’s warm and cool, creamy and crunchy, fresh and decadent.
Start with good ingredients, cook and prepare them well, and you will get good results. The radishes in this — I used French breakfast radishes, but any will do — are from my own garden. The tomatoes are firm and sweet. The lettuce is crisp. And the steak is fresh.
For the potatoes, I do something unusual: Use potato puffs. This recipe features Grown In Idaho Crispy Potato Puffs, which I found at my local Hannaford grocery store. Made with potatoes 100 percent grown in Idaho, these potato puffs have an amazing taste and texture — pure Idaho potato goodness. They are the perfect foil for the steak in this creative, bold salad.
Start by cooking the Grown In Idaho Crispy Potato Puffs. While they are in the oven, season the steak all over and let it sit before grilling or cooking on the stove.
Once all the steak and potatoes are cooked, it’s time to assemble the Steak and Potato salad.
Finally, just before serving, whip up an easy hollandaise sauce in the blender. For a small portion, you do need to use a small blender (such as one for smoothies). If you don’t have that, you could also make this by hand with a whisk.
Then drizzle it on and enjoy.
What I love about this Steak and Potato Salad recipe is that it’s super quick and easy to make, but is also filling and bold. It takes salad — a gathering of veggies — and makes it perfect for meat and potatoes people too. Or any people who like a good steak, a lemony hollandaise, lots of veggies and delightful, crispy, perfect Made in Idaho potatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups Grown In Idaho Crispy Potato Puffs
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced and quarterd cucumbers
- 1/4 cup radishes, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Cook the potato puffs according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, season the steak all over with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 5-8 minutes per side, to desired doneness. Cook it for the longer time for more well-done.
- Remove the steak from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Arrange the lettuce on two plates. Top each with half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes and avocado. Arrange the steak on top.
- In a small blender (such as a drink blender), combine the egg yolk, lemon juice and salt. Whirl until blended — about 30 seconds to one minute. With the blender running on medium speed, drizzle the butter in in a steady, slow stream. Once all the butter is added, stop the blender and taste the sauce. Adjust seasoning, as desired. Alternatively, follow these directions but whisk together the ingredients.
- Drizzle the hollandaise sauce over the salads, dividing it evenly among the two.
- Eat immediately.