Baked sliders are easy to whip up for gatherings. This recipe is packed with sweet, juicy, salty, vibrant flavor, making them a delight to eat.
When we moved a few years ago, we relished the fresh space with more room for us all to spread out. For me, it also meant I finally had room to entertain.
And while I haven’t taken advantage of that nearly as much as I thought I would, I am happy to have had some good laughs with good company in this home.
Sometimes, when friends come over, I have an elaborate meal planned. Other times, something simpler and easier is in order. It all depends on what you’re doing and what food best works for the crowd.
These sandwiches, for instance, are perfect for when your guests are there to do something other than eat — like play games or watch an award show. Plus, they are low-mess, which means easy cleanup for the host.
Of course, you don’t have to make these for guests. You could just enjoy these flavorful baked sliders for dinner or even lunch. They’re flexible that way.
It certainly doesn’t hurt that these baked sliders are a cinch to make. Just layer the ingredients on rolls in a glass baking dish and bake them. The flavors of bright pesto, salty bacon, bright roasted red peppers, creamy cheese and meaty turkey come together, warm and complimentary.
Having more people over? This satisfying, easy recipe is also easy to double or triple (perfect for a crowd!).
Seriously: A crispy roll. Bright pesto. Sweet roasted red peppers. Salty bacon. Creamy cheese. Meaty turkey. What more could you want from a party sandwich?
- 12 club rolls
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ½ lb sliced deli oven-roasted turkey breast
- 1 7-oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¼ lb sliced deli mozzarella
- 1 8-oz package bacon, prepared
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray.
- Slice open the rolls, and place the bottoms in tight rows in the prepared pan. You don't want there to be space between them.
- Spoon the pesto onto the rolls, dividing equally among the bottoms. Top with turkey slices, roasted red pepper bits, mozzarella cheese and bacon. Cover with the roll tops (Make sure they are in the same row pattern as the bottoms!)
- Slide the pan into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the sandwiches are hot and the cheese is melty. Use a sharp knife to slice between the rolls to separate the meat and cheese filling. Let cool slightly, and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 925mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g