Grab your favorite loaf and make this delightful Baguette Sandwich with Turkey and Brie — it’s a divine combination perfect for lunch.
On hottest days — like those we’ve been having during the recent heatwave — cold meals are a must. But even on those steamy days, I want delicious, wholesome foods — ones that taste great without heating up the house. And bonus points for recipes that take minutes to whip up with little effort.
This Baguette Sandwich with Turkey and Brie checks all the boxes. But it’s not just for the heatwave. This sandwich is good anytime.
Good crusty bread — the baguette shown is sourdough — provides a crunch. Rich smoked turkey provides a substantive bite and a lovely foil to the creamy Brie cheese. And zesty red onion and fresh lettuce finish off the sandwich.
It’s easy and simple, yes. But it’s also filled with a variety of flavors and textures, so it’s indelibly satisfying too. And who couldn’t use a nice, satisfying lunch? Heck, this could even be dinner if you so desired.
To make this, assemble your ingredients first. That will let you speed through the making process.
Cut the baguette into four even pieces and slice them open lengthwise. Then create your sandwich by layering the ingredients together. It’s as easy as that.
Once my sandwich is made, I like to wrap the center with a little parchment paper tied with kitchen string. This helps keep it together while transporting and eating. But it’s also totally optional.
Doesn’t that look delicious? This sandwich is such a treat. Serve it alone or with a small salad with your favorite homemade salad dressing.
Hungry for more? Check out my post on cold lunch ideas on The Lunch Box Ladies.
Baguette Sandwich with Smoked Turkey and Brie
Grab your favorite loaf and make this delightful Baguette Sandwich with Turkey and Brie — it's a divine combination perfect for lunch.
- 1 French baguette
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced roasted turkey deli meat
- 4 slices brie cheese, cut lengthwise from a wedge (or more to taste)
- 1 cup greens such as baby arugula, mesclun mix or baby kale
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Cut the baguette into four even pieces, each sliced open for sandwiches lengthwise.
- Arrange the smoked turkey on the bottom half of the baguette pieces, dividing it equally among them. Top each with a slice of brie.
- Spread red onions on the brie and top with greens.
- Top each sandwich with the other half of the bread.
- If desired, wrap the sandwiches in the center with parchment and secure with bakery string. This is optional but will make serving and eating easier.