Ready in minutes, this fresh Black Bean Avocado Salad with Corn and Red Peppers is a satisfying lunch for any day.
Lunch doesn’t have to be complicated — or take long to create. This colorful salad is filled with nutritious ingredients but only takes a few minutes to whip up (sweet!).
If we didn’t love living in the northeast, my family would do well in California — especially if we could have an avocado tree in our backyard to harvest from whenever we wanted. That would be awesome. We love the silky green flesh of avocados and eat them often when they appear in grocery stores for about $1 each.
This scrumptious salad celebrates the avocado in a simple light lunch that is meant to be shared. Invite a few friends and enjoy it together. Or double your portions if you are feeling a bit hungrier. Leftovers will last in the fridge for a day or two, as well, thanks to the lime juice in the recipe.
The best thing about this salad? It can go from ingredients to plates in a mere 10 minutes, if you are in a hurry.
Serve this with a few tortilla chips and it’s heaven.
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ear fresh corn, cooked and kernels removed from the cob
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir together the avocado, red pepper, black beans, corn, lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to two days